Monday, August 3, 2009

Great Britian and George Orwell

Contrary to the current belief's of many English government types, George Orwell's 1984 was not an instruction manual. Seriously, if Orwell had written about a PROGRAM LIKE THIS, it would have been laughed off as completely impossible. Alas, it is no longer fiction - it's actually happening.

I just wonder when/if the English will stand up and say, "ENOUGH!". I fear they won't. In my time there, I found WAY too many people who would say things like, "Well, if you don't do any thing wrong, you don't have to worry, right?" I fear that reactions such as those will be all too common - and England will slip in to a "Benign Dictatorship" - if there is such a thing.

It's happening. It's not fantasy. It's not fiction. It's real.

No comments: