Monday, December 8, 2008

The Chocolate is Dead! Long Live the Chocolate!

A couple of weeks ago, I somehow managed to drop my LG Chocolate in the toilet - and in the process, provide conclusive evidence that it is not waterproof.

I liked the Chocolate. It was small and simple to use. I never really used it as a music phone though, so many of the features were never well explored. My one big criticism of it was the annoying habit of hitting one of the touch sensitive buttons on the front with your cheek as you talked. Otherwise, it was a solid phone.

It's replacement is the new Motorola Adventure V750. After calling Verizon (with my girlfriend's phone) and giving them my sob story about a urine soaked Chocolate, they offered to upgrade me for free. Actually, it was a bit more complicated than that - I had to upgrade my grandma's phone on the family share plan, and then switch the phone lines. If I had gotten the Moto for my line directly, it would have been $50. Not bad considering my old phone was only a year old.

I like the new Motorola so far. It's a touch bigger than the old Chocolate. It's a flip phone, and looks like a buff Razr. In fact, it's a "ruggedized" phone - meaning it's technically waterproof (although I don't plan on testing this). The screen is HUGE and very bright. It doesn't do music as well as the Chocolate, although it does have a player, there is no SD card slot. Since I don't use my phone for music, this shouldn't be an issue.

Anyhow, I'll likely do a more detailed review of the new phone in a month or two, once I've had a chance to use it a bit more.

No comments: