Friday, November 21, 2008

UCSF Medical School Digital Curriculum

THIS is a really interesting site put up by UCSF. It's a series of resources targeted toward medical students. Many of the links only work if you are local to UCSF, but a lot of them are usable by the general public. There is a heavy slant toward first and second year basic science material. Nevertheless, it's an interesting site. I wish more medical schools would go this route - I suspect it will become more and more common in the coming years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

UC Davis has a lot of resources like this as well (except they are not accessible by the general public). In fact, I am in the middle of a virtual microscopy histology lab of the female reproductive system right now (admitedly, the downside to virtual microscopy is that you have access to internet, which means you can get distracted). Most of my classmates use digital textbooks as well. I however, am old fashion, and like to highlight the heck out of my books and syllabi.

Anonymous said...

More super fun digital geeky med school toys...

http://cim.ucdavis.edu/eyes/eyesim.htm