Friday, November 28, 2008

Some People Just Don't Get It

I ran across THIS article on Black Friday shopping today. As I was reading the typical sob stories, something about it jumped out at me. Here it is:

"I have never slept here before to save a few bucks, but with the economy so bad I thought that even a few dollars helps," said Analita Garcia of Falls Church, Va., who arrived at a local Best Buy store at 7 a.m. Thursday with 10 family members.

She bought a Dynax LCD 32-inch TV for $400, slashed from $500, along with an iPod and several DVDs.

"This year a lot of people I know won't be getting Christmas presents. I have to pay the rent and bills, and I have two little ones at home to think of," Garcia added

iPods? several DVDs? A 32-inch LCD TV? What the heck does your shopping list have on it during UP years?

Hey Analita, here's a newsflash... are you ready? Here it comes...



YOU DON'T NEED ANY OF THAT CRAP!!!



If you have rent to pay and kids to take care of, don't buy frivolous junk. No one ever died from a lack of DVDs. You can save a heck of a lot of money if you stay home and play with your kids. Whatever TV you have right now is fine. Heck, even if you don't have a TV, you aren't really missing anything.

How about saving some of your money and just living with what you've already got? Nawwww... that's no fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know, "How much wood WOULD a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?" You tell me...When did you learn Latin?