Sometimes it takes a kid to explain the complex things in a simple way. Despite my somewhat snarky announcement that I was running for President, in reality you couldn't pay me enough to do that crappy job. This social studies essay by a "Katie" (if that's her real name) sums up the downsides to being the most powerful political figure in the world.
In bullet point form, here are her reasons:
- Too much responsibility.
- People will hate you. Yes, even if you make all the "right" decisions, half of the country (at least) is going to think you're an idiot. You can't win.
- Don't want to move. Yeah, I'm with you on this Katie. The White House is big and impersonal. I'd rather live in Colorado.
- You could be assassinated. Yup, there's as good a reason as any.
- I want to have friends. Don't we all Katie... don't we all.
- Don't want to go through the election process. Personally, I'd rather poke a hot metal branding iron in to my ear, than run in a Presidential Election.