Sunday, November 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Cloudy Urine

One year ago this week I wrote the infamous CLOUDY URINE article while sitting in the Border's coffee shop in Carmel Mountain. It took me about 30 minutes, give or take a few. My life hasn't been the same since.

I'm happy to report that it's popularity has exceeded my wildest expectations. Of course, those expectations weren't particularly wild, so take that with a grain of urea.

To date, the article has been quite the money maker. The posting on Helium has earned $90.34 as of tonight.

I also published the article to Associated Content, where it has 102,681 page views since November 21, 2007. That's worth about $160 in performance bonuses.

So I've earned around $250 in a year on that one article. Now... if I can just find a way to make every article I write that popular...

It's still a bit mind-boggling to think how many people in a given day sit down at their computer and type "cloudy urine" in to the Google search engine. It's bizarre and a bit creepy, but hey, I'm not complaining.

No comments: