Wednesday, June 4, 2008

More Vacation Blogging


Elizabeth and I took quite a few pictures while on our trip... so I figured I'd post a couple of the better ones here, just for the heck of it.

Despite our being stuck in the mud for a few hours, most of the trip was spend on dry (and solid) land.

OK, so these aren't pictures of that.

Two days after the Jeep was hauled out of the mud, we tried another hike to a place called Cathedral Lake. I've done this hike a few times in the past, so I figured familiarity would help given the "not-quite-melted" conditions of the snow.

We didn't make it to the Lake, as the trail was still pretty packed with snow in places. We got about half way before it became too dangerous to continue. Despite this, the hike was beautiful, the weather was great, and it was a lot of fun tromping through the forest. It was actually quite warm for most of the hike, even though we had plenty of heavy layers to keep warm.

No comments: