Saturday, April 12, 2008

Nutrition Tips: Everything You Wanted to Know About Crumpets


I spent over a year and a half living in England, and for some unexplainable reason, I never really had a run-in with this very English food - The Crumpet.

Sure, they were there in the grocery store, but I wouldn't say I was ever inclined to buy them. Frankly, I had no idea what the heck they were.

Enter Elizabeth. She's a Crumpet-holic. Remember that guy in Forrest Gump who was obsessed with shrimp? That's E with Crumpets. Only she doesn't cook them. Rather they just get eaten raw.

Anyhow, if you want to educate yourself on the wonderful world of batter-based doughy goodness, read her Squidoo Page on Crumpets.

1 comment:

jadey said...

I have to say I have never tried them and after seeing the picture of them they don't look so scrumdiliumptious after all now do they?