Saturday, April 5, 2008

Can eating oatmeal lower your cholesterol and lipid level?

There is a lot of information out there about lowering cholesterol. On the Internet, you can count on most of this information to be junk. Unless, of course, you are reading something I wrote. In which case, you should assume I'm totally right, all the time. Don't ever question my advice. Ever. To do so is to bring the wrath of millions of Plague infested rats which will swarm through your house and bite you on the ankles.

So here's the article on oatmeal I have up on Helium. Once again, it's the first paragraph, followed by a link that you MUST follow to read the rest of the article. Click the link, I need the pennies.

"Do you remember back when you were a child and your mother would nag you constantly to, "Eat your oatmeal! It's good for you. And don't forget the apple as well!" Of course you do. It seems that every mother is given a handbook at the hospital on how to make their child eat food that more closely resembles warm cat food than anything "healthy". In fact, I'm not even sure my cat would eat the oatmeal when I was little. But, as with just about everything else in life, in the end mom's advice turned out to be right.

It may not have much going for it in the taste department, but it turns out that oatmeal can have a significant effect on lowering cholesterol. But what's in the oatmeal that causes it to lower cholesterol? In a word: Fiber..."



READ THE ENTIRE ARTICLE HERE

1 comment:

jadey said...

Erich you are too funny. You crack me up. Another good post sir.